Long time no blog again.
I am guilty of just not making time to do it. The priority to do so just slips.
So what have we've been up to?
- Allergies are collectively kicking our entire family's keister. We have yet to find an allergy medication that works consistently. Today, you can could call me "fathead". My eyes, neck and most of the rest of my face appear swollen (thanks to all those histamines flowing around in my system) Or if you want another "choice" selection, you can call me "fugly zombie chick". I have not been getting much sleep at all. I can't fall asleep like a normal person. I more kind of just pass out from exhaustion. This usually does not happen until well after the witching hour and then I am up bright and early to transport my daughter to seminary (because geez! she still does not have her license at 16 1/2!) My poor children have bloodshot eyes and bags and all sound lovely. The hubby has been addicted to "Fisherman's Friend" to keep his sore throat at bay.
- Running, running, and more running. Or soccer, soccer, and more soccer. Madison has been running 6 days a week. She either has had track practice or a meet every single day except Sundays for the last while. She just got back from an invitational in California and has yet another meet this afternoon. Hopefully she can shave the 20 seconds off her 3200 time to make regionals this year. Syd has kicked some serious butt in the mile challenge at her school. She did a 7:18 mile the first time and did a 6:45 mile the second time. Not bad for a skinny little seventh grader! The twins and Zack have soccer practice 2-3 times a week and then a game. The girls have been playing amazingly against tougher teams that have been together forever. I am so thankful Ryan has stepped up and is coaching or assistant coaching both their teams which means I am not driving to practices as much. He also has been playing pickup games on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings if he does not have games. Oh yeah, almost forgot. I even did a little running of my own. Did the Color Run with Madison and my inlaws at the end of February (more on that later)
- A reboot. I am in the process of redesigning everything for my photography endeavors. I was tired of the old and after being frustrated to find that I have been copied, I felt I needed to come up with something that is more "me". I have done my business cards and packaging. I am currently rewriting my brochure and site text and planning for a new blogsite. Here is a peek of what has been going on:
- Mini remodel projects. I have been wanting to do a few things at my home for awhile and so I have been slowly doing them here and there as money and time allows. Last year the big thing was replacing my countertops. I just replaced the ceiling fan and am in the midst of repainting my bathroom and the cabinets. Next on the agenda is replacing all the doors and fixing the yard.
- We bought Madison a car and have been teaching her to drive it.
- Ryan and I celebrated another anniversary
Crazy to think we have been together almost 20 years this summer.
- Spending time with my best friend. Lisa came to Vegas for a weekend to have some much needed "just the girls" time. We had a lot of fun. (hope to blog about our fun soon)
- I have been reading A LOT. I am really trying to hit my goal of 50 books this year. I really feel that reading FEEDS the MIND. I have been reading a mixture of literary fiction, history, and biographies.
- Going to midnight movie premieres. Took the kids to see Hunger Games. It was good and so worth the wait!
- Trying not to be sad about my looming birthday. You can say that I have been kind of down and out about it. I don't like getting older. Especially since I feel like I haven't accomplished that much in my life.
- Working on clearing out old piles of unfinished projects. Working on sewing some baby blankets for donation, finally getting all those patches and things sewn on my son's Cubscout uniform, some Easter decor projects, and a few other things.
- Working. Ryan has been doing very well at work and has been busy coming up with great things to drive success in his market. Madison is getting set to work for the election department for a couple things later in the year and will be embarking on a job search soon as soon as the track season is over. I am trying to book more clients and hoping for business to pick back up again, now that the weather has warmed and things have bloomed and there is green on the trees again. Also working on some creative projects to diversify and improve my portfolio.
- Trying to get caught up on Project Life and other life documenting things such as blog books and this blog.
Anyhow, that about covers the gist of what's been going on at our house. Still trying to figure out what fun things to do with the kids while on Spring Break. It seems everyone has been going on cruises or going to Disneyland or spending time at the beach. I guess we shall see.
Hope you are having a great Monday!