2. Friendship. I have very few people who I can say are genuinely my friends and who have my back. I realized this even more so when I turned 40 and my sister-in-law was asking who I'd want to celebrate with. To be honest, I could not name very many people. It had been pointed out to me that certain people were not really friends because friends don't treat you or your family poorly. It really made me sad to finally realize this. I have a handful of really good people in my life and for those few I am thankful.
3. Life moves too quickly. My oldest graduates in a few short weeks and then it is off to college. My twins are starting high school next year. My son starts jr. High. My time with them at home is quickly winding down and it makes me crave the time when they were all small. Raising teenagers and a soon to be teenager has been eye-opening and a bit tough. They are growing so fast and becoming more and more independent. It makes me proud and to be frank, freaks me out a little.
4. I have been 4 weeks soda free now. I also am on a low calorie diet and exercising, working to lose all the weight I have gained in my many months of funk.
5. I still photograph people. It is what I do and am very passionate about. I have been very busy learning and educating myself to be better.
6. The kids are all very busy. Between sports, school, church stuff, and other things, there is very little down time. Ryan also. Work, coaching soccer, playing soccer, community involvement, and his church calling keep him on the go. I cannot wait for summer vacation.
7. Travel - hopefully Chicago twice, San Francisco again, Mexico, Utah, Florida and next year Brazil! 3 of these are work/play trips. I hope to also maybe do a fun road trip with the kids. Travel is something I very much want to do as opportunities arise.
8. Pictures. I have LOTS of them to post. It is my intent NOT to share my work here anymore. If you want to see it, check out my website or go visit my photography Facebook page. I will be updating galleries and making lots of changes (yet again) soon. From now on, just personal stuff and family stories here.
9. Walks and one on one time. I have been walking in the evenings. Sometimes by myself and sometimes with a friend. Tonight I had the opportunity to walk with my oldest daughter. We talked for 2 hrs and then went out for smoothies. I enjoy the one on one time with her.
10. If you still blog, let me know. I noticed many don't anymore but for those of you who do, that I know you still do, I still read and enjoy catching up on your stories and life happenings.